Ticket #452 (closed: fixed)

Opened 11 years ago

Last modified 10 years ago

Multi-stanza information gets misassigned

Reported by: chrish Owned by: administrator
Priority: normal Milestone: Ecopath 6: build 6.0.7
Component: Ecopath Version:
Severity: major Keywords:
Cc:

Description

I've decided to cut the salmon groups in my model, which are all multistanza groups, down to just one biomass pool each (i.e., a single pool of wild chinook and coho; a single pool of hatchery chinook and coho; etc.). When I go into the Edit Groups tab to do this, I've been attempting it in either of two ways, and both of them cause troubles. (1) Sometimes I delete all but one stanza (e.g., I keep the subadult stanza and delete the others), and then I go to the Multistanza Group Name column and remove the salmon group names. (2) Sometimes I remove the Multistanza Group Names first, with the intent of going back later and deleting the rows that have the no-longer-needed stanzas in them. Either method causes an unexpected problem: one or more of the other multistanza groups (Spiny dogfish, herring, lingcod, Cancer crabs) suddenly become unlinked, that is, the species no longer has multistanza status. Sometimes I will get an error message too (usually if I try method (2) above) that says Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately. Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Continue never does anything; quitting and then reopening the model has often resulted in losing the multistanza linkages for groups that I did not wish to be unlinked (again, Spiny dogfish, herring, lingcod or Cancer crabs) and sometimes results in rows being re-ordered (e.g., a biomass pool that was in Row 13 suddenly is moved to Row 16).

Change History

comment:1 Changed 11 years ago by administrator

related to #451

comment:2 Changed 10 years ago by jeroens

I fixed a bug that caused stanza configurations to unexpectedly change whenever a group was added or removed in the group list BEFORE the stanza configuration. To simulate:

  • open a model with at least one stanza group
  • open the edit groups dialog
  • either insert a group BEFORE the first stanza group or remove a group from the list BEFORE the first stanza group
  • close the dialog with [OK]

This used to cause the life stages in the existing stanza group to become misassigned.

comment:3 Changed 10 years ago by jeroens

Oh, fixed after build 6.0.3.13

comment:4 Changed 10 years ago by carieh

version 6.0.3.14
can add in groups before or in middle of mstanza groups and no crashes :-)

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.