Ticket #453 (closed assessed: fixed)

Opened 11 years ago

Last modified 9 years ago

SS inconsistency

Reported by: villyc Owned by: joeb
Priority: normal Milestone: Ecopath 6: release 6.0.8
Component: Ecosim Version:
Severity: major Keywords:
Cc:

Description (last modified by joeb) (diff)

The SS showing up on the Run Ecosim form is different from the SS on the fit to time series form (I have 1200 versus 7800)

Change History

comment:1 Changed 11 years ago by administrator

related to #527

comment:2 Changed 10 years ago by joeb

Villy I can not reproduce this. If you have a database that does this can you send it to me.
joe

comment:3 Changed 10 years ago by villyc

Open Africa mdb
Open first Ecosim scenario 50% fishing
Load first time series file
Run Ecosim, SS is 15293
Open fit to time series
Click a color, then a col heading, and do this a few times for different groups
Click search, SS is around 42.
SS shouldnt be different in these two places.

comment:4 Changed 10 years ago by joeb

When Ecosim was run from the main form it would clear out the forcing data loaded with the timeseries this would result in an incorrect SS. Fit to time series would reload the forcing data and give the correct SS.............

comment:5 Changed 10 years ago by jeroens

Testable after 6.0.4.2

comment:6 Changed 10 years ago by carieh

Ok I am having a hard time with this one, but I think there is still an issue here.
-open Georgia Strait Model
-Ecosim all fit
-apply timeseries Georgia scale new
-run in ecosim gives SS=131
-open fit to time series
-search (I did not reset vulnerabilities=2)
-The lowest value I get in the search is 3001 (way higher)
-back to Run ecosim and the SS value for this interface after I run is now 97, so much lower, but I am not sure why the fit to time series interface would give such a different value than the starting value, or the final SS in Run Ecosim.

comment:7 Changed 10 years ago by joeb

Hi Carie
This should be fixed now. Give it another try.

comment:8 Changed 10 years ago by carieh

Hi Joe,
Looking much better, but there is still an inconsistency in the SS values
I opened the Georgia Strait Model , added time series and ran=209.6, then opened vulnerability search and the first iteration (starting point) was 236.44. It did get down to 99.70 after some searches. I am not sure if the difference in between the 2 initial values is significant or not, but I would think they should be the same.

comment:9 Changed 9 years ago by joeb

Hi Carie,
This seems to be working correctly for me. It's possible this is just a misunderstanding. In the Fit to time series interface(vulnerability search) the Search started, base SS = should be the same SS as on the run Ecosim form. However the SS for the first iteration will be different. When I do this with the Georgia Strait model this is what I get.

jb

comment:10 Changed 9 years ago by shermanl

  • Type set to not assessed
  • Description modified (diff)

comment:11 Changed 9 years ago by shermanl

  • Milestone changed from Ecopath 6: build 6.0.7 to Ecopath 6: build 6.0.8

comment:12 Changed 9 years ago by joeb

  • Owner changed from carieh to joeb
  • Type changed from not assessed to assessed

comment:13 Changed 9 years ago by joeb

  • Status changed from assigned to closed
  • Resolution changed from repoened to fixed
  • Description modified (diff)

I've checked this again and with the Georgia Strait model and it is working correctly

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.