Management Strategy Evaluator = User notes (alpha ver. 18.104.22.1682)
- Input uncertainty Sets inputs use for the perturbation of variables.
- CV Coefficient of variation used for perturbation of biomass.
- Kalman weight Kalman weight used for perturbation of biomass.
- CV Coefficient of variation used for perturbation of effort.
- Annual increase in catchability Amount catchability will increase each year.
- Input reference levels Sets reference levels for performance evaluation and target fishing mortalities.
- MSY Uses the results a Maximum Sustainable Yield search to set Biomass limit, Biomass base and F max. for the target fishing mortalities.
- Group Evaluation of model runs has not been implemented yet so setting of reference levels has no effect.
- Biomass lower Lower biomass limit.
- Biomass upper Upper biomass limit
- Catch lower Lower catch limit on a group.
- Catch upper Upper catch limit on a group.
- Lower Lower catch limit by a fleet.
- Upper Upper catch limit by a fleet.
- Input regulatory Sets inputs used for the fisheries regulations.
- Regulatory option Sets how the effort of a fleet will be regulated.
- Max effort Not implemented at this time. Caps the effort of a fleet no matter what regulatory option has been chosen.
- Not used No regulation will be used for this fleet.
- Effort Warning has not been tested or validated. Effort is regulated by computing target fishing mortality using Biomass limit, Biomass base and F max. from estimated biomass. If target fishing mortality exceeds achieved fishing mortality then fishing effort is scaled back.
- Weakest Stock quota Quota for the year is computed from Biomass limit, Biomass base and F Max using estimated biomass. Effort is regulated if any catch (landings + discards) on a group exceeds its quota.
- Strongest stock + discards quota Quota for the year is computed from Biomass limit, Biomass base and F Max using estimated biomass. Effort is regulated if landings on the strongest stock exceed the quota. Bycatch on other stocks is discarded.
- Selective fishing quota still needs explanation
- Fleet Quotas Quota by group and fleet used to compute fleet share of quota on a group.
- Target fishing mort policy Sets parameters for target fishing mortality. Biomass limit Biomass base and F max.
- Fixed escapement Sets fixed escapement biomass of a group. If this value is set then the quota for the year is computed as [estimated biomass] - [fix escapement] instead of using the target fishing mortality parameters.
- Input effort tracking Sets weights used when evaluating current Ecosim scenario.
- Objectives weights
- Ecological weights
- Fleet weights
- Run MSE Run the Management Strategy Evaluation.
- Effort and regulatory options Options used to set how or if the fishery is regulated during the current evaluation.
- Predict effort(fleet size dynamics) regulate using quotas Effort for the year is predicted by Ecosim using the Fleet/effort dynamics model. The fishing effort is then regulated according to the target fishing mortality and the options selected in the Regulatory options dialogue.
- Ecosim effort regulate using quotas Ecosim is run using effort from the current scenario. The fishing effort is then regulated according to the target fishing mortality and the options selected in the Regulatory options dialogue.
- No regulations evaluate current Ecosim scenario Ecosim is run using effort from the current scenario. No attempt is made to regulate the fishing effort. This option is used to evaluate the current Ecosim scenario.
- Ecosim scenario options Option on how perturbation are implemented when the No regulations evaluate current Ecosim scenario option is in effect.
- Catch/estimated biomass
- Direct exploitation
- Exact biomass known
- Plots Not implemented yet.
- Results Not implemented yet.
How to run the model
Still to do''