Updated 27 May 2016.
To obtain the source code of EwE 5 and 6, you will need the following:
- A Subversion client such as TortoiseSVN to get a copy of the source code from the EwE Subversion repository,
- Log-in access to SVN, which we will provide to you upon request.
- The URL to our Subversion repository: http://sources.ecopath.org/svn/Ecopath/trunk/Ecopath6
- Note: if you cannot use SVN, you can download the latest version of the EwE6 source code as a zip file.
To compile and run the source code of Ecopath version 6, you require:
- Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 or newer. The EwE6 user interface source only runs on Windows, as it is not MONO compliant.
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 community edition or newer.
- Microsoft 2010 database engine.
To compile and run the source code of Ecopath version 5, you require:
- Microsoft Visual Basic 6.
- Windows XP. Visual Basic 6 does not work well on the 64 bit versions of Windows Vista and Windows 7. You can develop using Windows 7 and 8 excellent Hyper-V virtual PC.
- Documenting your code - How to write and publish in-code documentation with Visual Studio and SandCastle
We've ran into a series of limitations and oddities that we want to prevent from happening. Here are a few links that convey some of our experiences: